Friday, April 16, 2010

Judo Tournament #6. Only Not.

Tomorrow my club hosts its 42 annual judo tournament. Last year, I was sure that I never wanted to compete, and was patting myself on the back at having dodged it. This year, the only question was how many divisions would I compete in. Until I sprained my stupid ankle. Bah. /end pityfest

When we host, we offer a lunch for the judges, and we have a party after the tournament. It's a potluck, and it being me, I'm baking. The world's best brownies just came out of the oven, and I'm planning to throw together an applesauce cake as well. Tonight I'll help move mats to the tournament location, and tomorrow I'll help with the lunch and party setup. I am looking forward to seeing all the people I miss from judo.

The ankle is well enough for pretty much everything EXCEPT judo. And the physical therapist is hinting that I might be able to start back as soon as 2 weeks from now. The bills have started rolling in, and despite what some people told me, it appears that xrays do not cost thousands of dollars. whew.

We lost a good friend to cancer five years ago today. Fuck cancer. Joe, we miss you. Wish I'd had time to get to know you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment